Everyone loves biscuits, right? It is an excellent snack when you are watching TV or working. Mint could bring you the feeling of cool and fresh at your first bite. If you desire the feeling of enjoying slowly, you can also melt the biscuit in your mouth and enjoy the endless savor. I believe you will love these colorful little darlings.
- A right amount of granulated sugar
- 5 tbsp whipping cream
- 1 cup softened margarine or butter
- 2 cups flour
- Food color
- 1 tsp peppermint extract, lemon extract or vanilla, to taste
- 15 tbsp powdered sugar
- Mix up whipping cream, softened butter and flour in a medium bowl with a spoon. Cover the mixture with plastic wrap and freeze for an hour or until it firmed.
- Preheat the oven to 375. Flour a flat lightly. Roll 1/3 of dough into one-eighth inch thick at once. Keep other dough frozen until rolling. Cut dough into any shapes you desire with cookie cutters in size of 1/2 inch.
- Sprinkle a broad piece of wax paper with sugar evenly. Move the uncooked biscuits to wax paper. Turn each biscuit to make every side of them are covered with sugar. Place them on an ungreased cookie sheet. Stick every biscuit about four times with fork.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or stop until the biscuits set. Transfer the biscuits to a wire rack. Set aside for about an hour to cool them completely.
- Mix up powdered sugar, peppermint extract and food color with a mixer until they become smooth. Add a few drops of water when necessary. Spread about 1/2 tsp filling over a bottom of half biscuits. Cover filling with another biscuit and press gently.