Are you still rocking your brain about the gift for the Valentine’s Day or your boyfriend’s birthday? This cute sandwich biscuit will set fire to the sweetness and love between you and your boyfriends. I believe that their pleasant appearances and sweet taste will leave a deep impression on everyone.
- Granulated sugar
- 5 tbsp whipping cream
- 1 cup softened butter
- 2 cups flour
- Red food color, liquid
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 8 tbsp softened butter
- 8 tbsp powdered sugar
- Put the whipping cream, 1 cup butter and flour in a medium bowl. Mix them up. Cover them with plastic wrap. Freeze for about an hour or until they become firm.
- Heat the oven to 375°F. Then, on lightly floured flat surface, roll 1/3 of dough into 1/8-inch thick at a time. (Keep other dough refrigerated until rolling.)
- Cut thick dough with a heart shaped cutter. Cover a broad piece of wax paper with sugar generously. Move the uncooked biscuits to wax paper. Turn the biscuits in order to make both sides are covered with granulated sugar. Place them on a cookie sheet. Stab each biscuit with fork about 5 times.
- Bake for 6 to 10 minutes or until the biscuits become set. Wait for 1 minute to cool them. Remove them from the cookie sheet and set aside for about 15 minutes to cool them completely.
- Beat butter and powdered sugar with an electric mixer until they are smooth. Add in vanilla and continue beating until they become fluffy. Arrange frosting into 6 small bowls evenly. Add the same amount of food color to each of the bowls.
- Spread about 1 tsp frosting on the bottom of every cooled biscuit. Cover frosting with another biscuit and press them together gently.